Experience a trip through time at one of the most interesting and exciting museums in Kansas. Find surprises around every corner, including Ivan the T.Rex, two Egyptian mummies, and an expansive military history exhibit. Rent the banquet space for a unique setting to hold a social event, reception, or special occasion. Open daily except Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and the last Saturday in July for the annual fundraiser. Senior discounts and group tours available.
The Museum of World Treasures is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
835 E 1st St
Wichita, KS 67202
In the Historic Old Town District
Welcome to the Museum of World Treasures. Here at the Museum we believe in the total experience. Whether it's the convenience of high-quality hotels located just across the street or the experience of boutique shopping and great, local dining in Old Town, we create a wonderful experience for your guests from start to finish.
Need a break from your corporate planning session? What better way to decompress and inspire greatness than glancing upon our impression of the Declaration of Independence. Want the wedding picture of a lifetime? Try including Ivan, our T.rex, into your wedding party photos!
The Museum offers several rental options for your private functions, including two meeting spaces on the third floor. The space is perfect for wedding receptions, class and/or family reunions, birthday parties, corporate training & seminars, and social functions of all types. As a nonprofit organization, your rental directly supports our educational exhibits, tours, and monthly programs.
The banquet space can host up to 200 guests for a formal dinner, depending on setup. The venue offers a beautiful exposed brick wall, new paint, and allows a wide variety of decorating and set up options. The banquet space works well for DJs, live bands, and plated or buffet dinners.
The Museum's Board Room is attached to the main banquet space. The room is multifunctional with multi-port wired and/or wireless internet access. The Board Room can accommodate up to 18 people executive board style and is popular for buffet lines for larger events.
In addition, you might choose to use the entire facility for a larger corporate or social function. The Museum has a total capacity of 800 people.
Non-Corporate Event Rental - Pricing
- 4 hours: $2,000
- All Day Museum Access*: $5000
*Free access to exhibits and event space for all guests from 10:00am-10:00pm
Included in the cost of rental are tables, chairs, black tablecloths, set-up, break-down, trash removal, on-site management, security, and up to three hours of decorating time during normal Museum hours. Open flames are not permitted.
Non-Corporate Event Mandatory Fees & Services
- $500 of contract price must be paid at the time of signing a contract. Dates will not be held until this fee has been paid. This fee is non-refundable but is deducted from contract balance.
- $500 check for damage deposit is required for all events and will be held with the contract until 72 hours after the event. If damages occur, this check will be cashed. If there are no damages, the check will be shredded or the party may come and pick up the voided check.
- Security is mandatory. This cost is included with your base rental.
- $1 million liability insurance policy is required for each rental.
All charges must be paid in full 90 days prior to event.
- Xclusive Bartending is our sole provider for event alcohol service. Please let your caterer know that they will be working with Xclusive and contact Crystal at the following website:
All-Day Corporate Board Room Only Rental: $250 (up to 16 guests)
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
(Coffee and /or tea are complimentary.)
Corporate Luncheon/Meeting Rental: $500 (up to 100 guests)
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
(Black table linens, speakers, microphone, podium, and banquet room are complimentary.)
All-Day Corporate Banquet & Buffet Room Rental: $800 (up to 200 guests)
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
(Black table linens, speakers, microphone and podium are complimentary.)
Corporate Evening or Holiday Party (up to 200 guests*)
See Event Pricing Above and Additional Fees or Services Disclosures
Corporate Event Mandatory Fees & Services
- All corporate events must be paid for using a company check or credit card.
- Payment due at time of booking (reservation of date).
o Base price $100-$500: Payable in full at time of booking.
o Base price $800 or more: $500 due at time of booking.
o Dates will not be held without payment.
o The fees are non-refundable.
o $0 Damage Deposit is due if no food or drink will be served.
o $200 Damage Deposit for attendance less than 50.
o $500 Damage Deposit for attendance over 50.
o A check for damage deposit is required for all events with food or drink and will be held with the contract until 72 hours after the event. If damages occur, this check will be cashed. If there are no damages, the check will be shredded or the party may come and pick up the voided check.
- Security is mandatory for evening parties. The cost for security is included in the price of the rental.
- All charges must be paid in full 90 days prior to event (or special arrangements made with museum staff).
- Please ask for more information on how your organization can receive a discount on pricing.
Optional Additional Fees & Services for All Events
- Additional Set-up (decorating) time: $35/hr
- Additional Rental Hours: $200/hr
- Buffet Room Access $100 fee
(required for groups over 100)
- Extra Clean-up Hours: $100/hr
- Two hour access for photos prior to event date: $35
(4 person limit/$5 for each additional person)
- Cocktail Tables: $15/each
- Microphone, Speakers, and Podium: $100
- Projector and Screen: $100
- Digital Clavinova Piano (includes sound system): $100
- Use of Children’s Activity Center: $30/hr (at least one adult must be present at all times)
Please contact the Museum of World Treasures by phone at 316.263.1311 or email email@example.com to set up an appointment to view the space and book your event.